Advanced Trading Underwriter - New Business
ID: #12165 Date: 14/06/17
|Location||England, South East, Reading|
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
- Progress towards ACII qualification - desirable - or equivalent experience.
- Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships.
- Pragmatic and confident decision maker with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning.
- Strong level of technical underwriting expertise in a composite insurance environment (non package).
- Sound understanding of insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of technical underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment.
- Excellent risk assessment and risk management skills.
- Delivering planned financial results through effective management of large cases, actively applying a range of trading techniques.
- Demonstrating a contribution to loss ratio control by effectively implementing branch UW controls
- Building trading relationships with Brokers through large case liaison to maximise financial results.
- Building a reputation as a trading expert with a panel of intermediaries and building confidence in the branch ability through interaction with our Underwriting Technical Centre.
- Acting as the expert for relevant class/ product specialisms, working in conjunction with our Commercial Technical Centre to optimise the profitability of the class/ product and to uplift underwriting capability in these areas.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Phone 020 3206 8300