Commercial Fleet Underwriter
ID: #12170 Date: 14/06/17
|Location||England, South West, Bristol, City of|
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
|Sector(s):||General Insurance jobs|
- Previous good level of Motor Insurance experience is essential preferably Motor Fleet
- Progress towards CII qualification - preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships.
- Pragmatic decision making with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment.
- Sound understanding of insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working in teams and a successful record of delivering results.
Your key tasks are to:-
- You will be underwriting complex motor fleet risks and other commercial motor classes.
- Delivering planned financial results through the effective underwriting of cases.
- Contributing to the loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch UW controls.
- Building effective trading relationships with Brokers through trading activity - being recognised as a positive trading partner.
- Identifying poorly performing accounts and investigating reasons for lack of retention.
- Contributing to the improvement of profitability by implementing actions agreed with brokers to improve account performance.
- Contributing to the development of colleagues by coaching and acting as a reference point - assisting in decision making within empowerment.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Phone 020 3206 8300