Senior Derivatives Trader, Trading and Supply
ID: #12828 Date: 03/07/17
You will be a member of a dynamic Global Derivatives team (Price Risk Management) comprised of desks in London, Houston and Singapore. As a Senior Trader, you will execute and make markets for product derivatives and related arbs in the form of basis values, cracks, time spreads, option valuation, etc for their own book. You will be responsible for working closely with the OTC products traders and exchange execution traders to provide back-up and desk coverage as needed. Also, the successful candidate will be responsible for completing all required annual Shell training courses. And to ensure success, you must be a team player and willing to contribute as needed to make an efficient and effective group.
Working in line with Shell Price Risk Management policies, you will be accountable for:
- Trading and Market Information
- Engaging in proprietary trading in derivatives instruments i.e. trading on your own book for profit to meet team objectives. The scope is all products “across the barrel”, rather than specific to a commodity, although consideration will be given to any specific expertise that could be brought to the team.
- Proactively providing technical and fundamental market information to the products trading teams. Support the physical products teams and the Risk Marketing unit and its partners by offering market making services in products derivatives.
- Operating in “syndicate” relationships, to formulate and execute trading strategies across global products markets.
- Team support/backup
- Providing backup to the Team by executing derivatives trades (i.e. futures, swaps, options) on behalf of the global products trading teams in coordination of the global risk management strategy.
- Creating an environment where all team members are able to actively participate in the formulation of the team’s trading strategy.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Operating and trading within the Shell Compliance framework and to Shell Trading standards, within a highly controlled environment governed by external regulatory requirements as well as internal controls.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Name BG Group
Phone +44 (0)118 935 3222