ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY
ID: #13170 Date: 12/07/17
|Sector(s):||Admin, Secretarial & PA jobs|
- Qualified company secretary (ICSA) or legal qualification.
- Experience of working in a company secretariat and supporting legal entities, boards and committees.
- Relevant experience in advising senior management on all matters referred to above.
- Practical experience working in private practice, or in-house, providing advice to senior stakeholders.
- A good understanding of business law and finance.
- Financial services experience is useful.
- Experience creating and preparing legal documentation for the Board and shareholders.
- Comprehensive minute taking.
Essential Skills / Competencies
- First class communication skills
- Attention to detail and drafting skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural and diversified workplace
- Experience in working / liaising with other professional functions
- The ability to handle complex information
- Discretion when handling confidential business
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work to deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities will include
- Supporting the Head of Governance and Company Secretariat in developing an efficient, comprehensive and proactive team to provide full support and assistance to the current CIB/London operations of BNPP in the UK.
- Responsible for legal entity management and company secretarial operations.
- Blueprint – management, standard setting and relationship with service provider.
- Acting as de facto company secretary for some of the legal entities.
- Compliance filings - Companies House, LEI.
- Business unit support for transactions and corporate matters
- Board and committee support – drafting papers, attendance at meetings and taking minutes. Quality assurance for board/committee materials.
- Director governance – setting the standards and developing processes and procedures to manage directors (training, drafting guidelines, providing advice, guidance, on and off-boarding procedures, inductions).
- Coordinating ongoing governance training.
- Monitoring developments in legal/regulatory requirements and providing guidance and advice.
- Acting as liaison point with Finance on legal entity matters and managing the year end process.
- Drafting governance reference documents, guidelines, policies, board papers and minutes.
- Liaise as appropriate with other relevant functions and stakeholders including legal, compliance, finance, operations etc in both Paris and London.
- Ensuring good information flows within the board and its committees and between senior management and directors, as well as facilitating induction and assisting with professional development as required.
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of the company in accordance with all rules, regulations and best practice,
- Advise on legal and governance implications of proposed policies, transactions other corporate matters.
- Assist in training other team members.
The role is a new permanent role in the BNP Paribas Governance and Company Secretariat team based in London. The team is responsible for providing company secretarial and governance support to the UK CIB legal entities (28, of which 2 entities are FCA regulated) and the London Branch of BNP Paribas which is FCA regulated. In addition it is responsible for providing advice on governance matters to senior management and for supporting the UK governance framework. The team provides a coordinating role with the Retail Banking & Services business in the UK.
This role will focus on supporting the Head of Governance and Company Secretariat in running the company secretarial function for the CIB entities, providing advice and guidance to directors, ensuring that governance processes are effective, dealing with corporate matters and setting governance standards in the team and across the business. The role may involve acting as de facto company secretary for some entities as well as supporting some of the key UK governance committees. There are no listed companies in the portfolio.
The team has 6 members consisting of company secretaries and governance officers. Currently 3 team members are contractors; this role will replace one of the contracting roles.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Name BNP Paribas
Phone +44 (0) 20 7595 2000