ID: #13179 Date: 12/07/17
- English law qualified solicitor / barrister;
- Broad experience in international banking and finance (preferably including experience in an international law firm and an investment bank) with a particular interest in, and a high level of specific experience of, leveraged and other similar structured lending.
- 2 to 3 years PQE.
- First class negotiation and drafting skills.
Essential Skills / Competencies
- First class communication skills
- Robust yet approachable nature, with the ability to act calmly and professionally in a demanding and fast moving business environment;
- Independent, thorough and commercially minded, and have strong time management and prioritising skills;
- Strong team working ethic;
- Comfortable and confident advising the business in a demanding environment.
Essential Skills/ Competencies
- English qualified lawyer with relevant post qualification experience gained at BNP Paribas, another leading financial institution or an international law firm
- An outgoing and robust personality who is capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a cross-disciplinary team/department
- Clear, concise and effective communicator (both written and oral)
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work
- Strong securities and derivatives law understanding
- Review and assist in the structuring, drafting and negotiation of documentation;
- Advise the business, management and the relevant committees of the Bank on banking, company and insolvency law issues arising in the course of advisory and transactional work;
- Report potential legal risk issues to the head of the CB Legal team;
- together with the other team members contribute to the maintenance and communication of know-how, legal updates and templates;
- Manage or supervise multi-jurisdictional projects; and
- Where appropriate, instruct and supervise external lawyers both inside and outside the UK.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Name BNP Paribas
Phone +44 (0) 20 7595 2000