Finance Analyst - IS - ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified
ID: #13379 Date: 18/07/17
|Location||England, South East, Kent, Ashford|
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills are essential in order to liaise effectively with those with both a finance and non-finance background.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to drive results.
- Calm and confident approach particularly when under pressure.
- Able to manage own workload and prioritise accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Can see beyond the obvious and questions or challenges where necessary.
- A significant degree of integrity due to the sensitive information this role is exposed to.
- This role requires the experience of a qualified accountant.
- Qualified with a recognised accounting body (ACA/CIMA/ACCA).
- Strong computer literacy – Excel, Word, PowerPoint & numeracy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive nature.
Sole responsibility for preparation of monthly management accounts and MPR packs for the IS and Digital areas ensuring both P&L and balance sheet have been prepared in accurately and in a timely manner.
- Posting all accounting adjustments in accordance with financial reporting standards.
- Understanding and commenting on performance versus budget, presenting actuals and latest forecasts to the IS and Digital Senior Management teams.
- Understanding both financial and non-financial KPIs and proactively managing these metrics.
- Understanding the detail of costs, challenging where necessary in order to control and reduce costs within the business and drive improved service.
Responsible for preparation of annual budget and forecasts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Sole responsibility for preparing annual budget, working closely with the senior leadership team to deliver a budget which is accurate, realistic and challenging.
- Managing weekly flash forecasting process – keeping informed of all risks and opportunities.
- Understanding key drivers and suggesting corrective action where necessary.
Management of fixed assets and delivering capital expenditure projects.
- Supporting the business in the preparation of the capital requests.
- Understanding the capital budget and actively managing variances.
- Managing assets under construction, additions and disposals each month.
Responsible for managing costs across IS and Digital to come in-line with budgets & forecasts
- Responsible for imbedding a culture of cost control across the team.
- Delivering a robust rolling forecast with no surprises.
- Liaising with external suppliers to perform regular commercial reviews, monitor spend and drive savings.
- Supporting the IS and Digital teams with key projects and initiatives, liaising with steering groups and project managers, building business cases, understanding key financials and giving recommendations, driving projects to land within budget.
- Suggesting and implementing process improvement in order to drive efficiency and improved compliance across functions.
- Managing and ensuring compliance with company expenditure via the PO process.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Name Brakes Group
Phone 0844 800 4900