ID: #13383 Date: 18/07/17
|Location||England, South East, Kent, Ashford|
- Educated to degree level.
- Qualified solicitor
- NQ to 2 year post qualification experience.
- In-house experience helpful, but not required.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Sound technical knowledge and good experience of commercial contract law.
- Strong team player with a ‘can do’, flexible attitude and a commercial approach with excellent organisational, communication and written skills.
- MS Office – minimum of intermediate Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and demands from different areas of the business.
- Ability to identify legal matters that must be escalated to the Group Secretary & Legal Counsel, or other solicitors in the team, for guidance and/or decision.
- Exercise sound judgment in decision making and be able to support judgments and decisions made.
- Maintain the highest possible professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Willing to assume responsibility and accountability in all relevant areas.
- Ability to negotiate commercial and practical resolutions to problems with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong desire to complete and succeed at all tasks even when faced with onerous challenges.
- To assist the Group Secretary & General Counsel, as well as the other solicitors in the team, with the review and negotiation of customer contracts and any other legal contracts (including trading agreements, service agreements, confidentiality agreements, terms and conditions of sale/purchase) with suppliers and customers of the Brakes UK, Fresh Direct and Pallas/Brakes Ireland businesses.
- To provide legal advice on demand to internal colleagues at all levels across the above businesses, on a wide variety of topics, under the guidance of the solicitors in the team.
- To provide cover for fellow solicitors in the team, as required due to team’s workload or absence.
- To assist the assistant company secretary, as required, with matters including insurance renewal, music workplace licences and data protection matters.
- Strive to improve professional development across the team by researching and investigating new legal developments, to keep the team abreast of forthcoming changes.
- Contribute towards implementing compliance and legal processes across the business.
- Ensure the business has a clear understanding of the contracts which they have in place, and assist in the implementation of technology within the legal team.
- Strike up and build a strong rapport with internal teams.
- Work autonomously as well as within a close-knit team environment.
The Junior Solicitor will work within the busy in-house legal team, assisting the Group Secretary and General Counsel, and the other senior solicitors in the team, in providing sound legal and commercial advice to the business. The role will also provide support generally to the legal team, including the assistant company secretary, in conjunction with the paralegal already working in the team. Day-to-day workload will include the preparation and negotiation of customer and supplier contracts and other terms and conditions of business, review and preparation of NDAs, assisting with the management of disputes and general legal queries for the Brakes UK business, the Fresh Direct business and the Pallas/Brakes Ireland business.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Name Brakes Group
Phone 0844 800 4900