Field Technician (Environmental Monitoring)
ID: #13906 Date: 10/08/17
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Experience and knowledge
-Educational background in Geology, Geophysics, Hydrogeology or Environmental Science
- Some experience in environmental / engineering consulting firm is preferred
- Knowledge of technical and statutory aspects of polluted ground / sites, acting in industrial environment, hydrogeology and use of computers are all valued assets.
Good Health and Safety culture and practical experience.
- Proficiency in English required; other spoken languages an asset
- Travel to support fieldworks 50 to 75% of the time (sometimes for a week or more at a time) in the UK and abroad
- Both self-motivated and ability to work in team, professional rigor and motivation.
Under the supervision of the Project Managers and after receiving CH2M Health and Safety training and proper technical project chartering, you will be on charge of:
- Field investigations and sampling: drilling and sampling of groundwater, surface water, soil, gas, etc.
- Follow-up of remediation systems and operation & maintenance of treatment units
- Data analysis, evaluation, interpretation and presentation for reports and presentations
- Preparation of reports: description of the area or used methods of measure, shape and check of data tables
- Management of technical equipment (quality, calibration)
- Data management including databases (field and analytical data) and data presentation using GIS software
Tell about this vacancy friends
Phone +44 20 3479 8000