Commercial Costing Analyst
ID: #15954 Date: 14/11/17
|Location||England, West Midlands, Coventry|
|Salary||£27000.00 - £37000.00 (per Year)|
|Sector(s):||Accountancy (Qualified) jobs|
- Experience in a regulated retail environment – ideally in energy (however, you could potentially have gained the relevant knowledge from your degree in a discipline like maths or economics).
- The ability to interpret complex industry and regulatory documents – including statistical analysis – and to communicate key issues to stakeholders.
- Demonstrable commercial and analytical skills.
- Plenty of self-motivation and drive, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to influence people from all levels and areas of the organisation.
- A can-do attitude with a real hunger to learn, develop and progress.
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced analyst to join our costing development team in Coventry. In this high profile role, it will essentially be up to you to analyse developments in the industry and to help us forecast the future profitability and cost base of our Residential and B2B customers.
A key part of this will be monitoring external developments that could affect energy prices. This could include anything from new government policies and changes to legislation. In practice, it will involve engaging with industry participants like network companies and Ofgem, industry forums and any market developments that emerge. You’ll then analyse these, abstracting information and creating insights to inform our business and retail pricing decisions.
As well as monitoring industry developments, you’ll also play a crucial part in our response to them. You’ll support our Regulation teams to coordinate our response and help our Pricing teams to develop risk mitigation strategies. And where our third parties change their prices, you’ll communicate these changes to relevant stakeholders across our business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a confident analyst with proven experience in the energy industry to take the next step in their career and have a significant impact right at the heart of our business. It’s a high profile position that will give you the chance not just to get exposure to our senior stakeholders, but also to gain far-reaching experience and understanding of our operation.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Phone 02476 188300