Search more vacancies
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Building Performance and Systems
ID: #16364 Date: 07/12/17
|Location||England, North West, Manchester|
- Design through post occupancy and into operational buildings.
- Be Degree qualified in a related discipline OR able to demonstrate typically over 10 years practical experience in this field.
- Shall have a professional qualification.
- Shall be confident when liaising with clients/project teams. The role requires communication at all levels, but especially on site when dealing with contractors/staff who manage the operation of buildings.
- Shall be able to demonstrate a high level of competency for report writing and communication.
- Previous history of managing and delivering projects.
- Capable at developing good internal and external client relationships.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ensure compliance and health and safety is adhered to within team with regards to internal reporting (AMS) and onsite presence.
- The BPS team fosters growth of the business/service through innovation, particularly in the areas of Post Occupancy Evaluation, feedback and building operation. Strong consideration will be given to individuals who demonstrate previous success or desire to succeed in this area.
- Prepared to work away on project sites in the UK and overseas.
- Site Investigations, forensics and troubleshooting.
- Building Surveys – energy, condition, and defects.
- Developing Energy and Carbon Management Strategies.
- Design and implementation of metering and monitoring systems.
- Mechanical design of remedial works.
- BMS/Control Specification development.
- Commissionability review.
- On site experience.
- Interaction with contractors, FM’s and Operational staff on site.
- Delivery of reports with recommendations (particularly for energy/operational cost reduction).
- Post Occupancy Evaluation (energy and occupant feedback using the BUS methodology).
- Presentation of results and recommendations to our clients and liaison with onsite maintenance teams.
- Client interface. Part of the role will be to develop business to offer the range of BPS services to an external client base. This may be as part of a larger multi-disciplinary Arup team or on a sole commission.
- Team working as part of the wider BPS team and in conjunction with the Buildings and Infrastructure teams.
- Commercial management, including input to bids and financial tracking of projects and maintaining own billable level targets.
- Sharing skills and knowledge with colleagues in BPS and across Arup.
- Research and development activities and maintaining ‘over the horizon’ awareness of technological developments.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Phone +44 (0) 207 755 4659
Archived: This vacancy is not longer available, use our search engine to find similar vacancies.