Senior Software Engineer (Microservices)
ID: #16474 Date: 08/02/18
Competitive Salary + attractive pension + quarterly performance related bonus + 25 days holiday + free parking + subsidised gym membership
|Sector(s):||IT & Telecoms jobs|
- Strong object-orientated programming skills
- Experience with RESTful APIs used to connect to back-end services
- Experience working with large databases and datasets
- Relational database skills
- Good analysis, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with GIT and Version Control Systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with back end developers and product owners
- Familiarity with swagger tooling
- Real world experience developing code test first (TDD)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Your role will report to the Micro services Technical Lead and be responsible for delivering micro services using Microsoft .net Core and Node.js on an Azure Cloud Platform to meet Kelda Group’s immediate and strategic needs.
You will play a key role within the digital team responsible for building market leading RESTful services to connect to MS SQL Server, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL Data Sources to deliver responses for Web front-end and Mobile applications.
You will be working closely with other senior developers to build re-usable, scalable, highly performant and robust services which adopt appropriate security measures preventing unauthorised requests.
This role demands someone who is passionate about building microservices using clean maintainable code and are able to document the development for other developers to enhance when necessary.
You will have a deep understanding of RESTful APIs and be comfortable using different patterns to connect to back-end services. You will have experience writing multi-threaded applications using secure public web APIs.
You will understand best practices and standards but also push ideas to move the digital function forward. The ideal candidate will be open to exploring new approaches and technologies and challenge conventional thinking.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Name Yorkshire Water
Phone 01274 692653