ID: #9472 Date: 29/06/17
|Sector(s):||IT & Telecoms jobs|
- Previous experience with an eCommerce technology company as a lead architect.
- A desire to execute on the current platform strategy. And to research current software design and architecture patterns. At the same time continue to evolve it to keep our company ahead of the industry.
- Execute on a ‘divide and conquer’ architecture strategy - build and lead a team of architects around this.
- Collaborate and lead engineering teams to ensure that implementations are consistent within our defined principles and standard methodologies.
- Collaborate with product owners, domain experts and partners across the business to align between architecture and business.
- Collaborate with Site Operations to align platform strategy with operational concerns – leading towards a DevOps culture.
- Collaborate and knowledge share with senior architects, technology leaders and business partners across eBay Classifieds Group.
- Identify opportunities for engineering productivity improvements and directions, and evangelize them successfully.
- Identify gaps in skills/knowledge required to satisfy the overall technology needs of the development team and the business.
- Lead, coach and mentor engineers across the whole technology team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, intellectual curiosity, real passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Experience with mobile/multi-device development.
- Intense experience with agile work style like Lean Start-up, Kanban and Scrum.
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth company that never lost its start-up spirit.
- Fluent in English
The Platform Architect will report directly to the CTO. As Platform Architect you will be operating cross-functionally, providing leadership to ensure that agreed architecture, principles and practices are followed. Being responsible for ensuring alignment between architecture and the business, like ensure that the platform is structured around business capability - This requires a distinct focus on collaboration with domain experts and partners across the whole business.
As we continue to grow our business and our offerings, you will need to ensure that our architecture and technology offering scale with and drive, our business.
Tell about this vacancy friends
Name eBay Inc.
Phone (408) 376-7400